Thursday, February 02, 2006

What's next?

You would think that a person would be happy to sit back and enjoy their final semester of school, the last moments of flexible life they will ever have unless they find the greatest job ever. You would think that with only 1 actual course to attend I would be completely on top of writing my thesis and working without too much worry.

But this is me. I am nearly done with the project portion of my thesis, but still have my 40-80 page paper to write. And I am freaking out. To make myself stress out even more I have been constantly applying for full time positions – some on the other side of the country because – apparently I think that moving to another state in the middle of completing my thesis would be a fantastic idea.

While I am at work, or lying in bed at night I start thinking about all the things I need to do. Yet when I get home from work at 5, I am tired and hungry. Beyond eating, watching TV and organizing some paperwork I just can’t get anything done. Even the thought of spending any more time in front of the computer makes my eyes hurt. Hence all the crap television marathons that my roommate and I have had lately. And I can’t work all the time, I don’t want to go insane. I need down time. Lately I have been doing a fair amount of yoga, which helps provide a little unwinding time/workout. At school they offer lunchtime wellness classes for employees so my supervisor and I are doing yoga on Monday’s and Wednesday’s. Plus I have been going once or twice a week to a yoga studio in Davis that I really enjoy.

I also re-arranged my work schedule so that I have four day weekends in an attempt to give myself more time for academic work. And if I can keep myself on track I could, theoretically get a whole lot done. But will I? I sure hope so. This weekend will be the test, if I can make some good progress during the next four days I think I will feel like I am in a better place with it all. I just need to get it done so that I can start thinking about the next step – like, where will I be living after July 15? Hopefully in whatever magical city that has provided me with a full time, benefited job. I know life will fall into place and everything will be fine, but I am such a planner, it’s just so hard not knowing where I will be in 5 months.

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Wow that sounds exactly like me. I have everything planned out it is just so hard to make myself do these things. I believe in you though Annie, I am absolutely positive that there is a point in which you will be struck by inspiration...lets just hope its sooner rather than later :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home