Thursday, August 11, 2005

This week wasn't so bad after all.

Yesterday I wanted to do a little update to my blog as it has been awhile (the ants seem to have retreated), but after I wrote it and submitted it, I was told that blogger was down for maintenance. Why it didn’t tell me this as soon as I went to my page I don’t understand.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I was able to work from home which meant I did not have to drive from Sacramento to Stockton and back (woo hoo!), plus my new computer arrived which means a new toy to play with. With my dads help I think we have everything set up and I was able to set-up my calendar and quicken again…

Then it was on to rehearsal which went well and home for bed. Today I was up at 5:45 am to drive to Davis for work. I managed to get up here around 7 which meant I had an hour to go to my apartment, get the mail and take a nap. Brandon called and coyly asked if I had checked my email (I hadn’t), but I guessed at what he wanted me to have seen – he bought his ticket home today! He will be arriving in San Francisco on Monday, September 12 @ 1:50 pm! I know it is a month away, but now I can begin my countdown and have something to really look forward to. I can’t believe it’s been nearly two months since I returned from England…which means that these last few days apart should go quickly too.

Not only do I have the show and work to distract me, I have been getting a lot of positive response about my thesis project which has gotten me all excited. I am doing an oral history project on the Mexican American community in Stockton. My focus is on individuals who’s parents were working class (farm/factory workers for the most part) and who themselves are “professionals” (teachers, politicians, lawyers, etc). I am curious to see how education and the English language affected their relationship with their parents and their culture. (Sorry if this isn’t totally clear, it’s a spur of the moment summary…) I will be having my first “intial” meeting tomorrow with the mayor of Stockton and I have 3 others scheduled with two others simply waiting to be given a date. Considering I just sent out letters requesting people participate last Friday and I only need 8-12 (already have 6) I am feeling quite on top of things – at least for now!

But I should be working. Hope you are all having a wonderful week!

3 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Um Annie do you mean September 12th? Otherwise, it not a month away...its today! My how time flies :-)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Yes...Sept 12...I was so very tired yesterday...oops! I wish he was coming home today though!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Annie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home