Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Laptop Died...

My laptop has been on the fritz this week and after not starting up for a second day, I decided to drop it off to be looked at. Fortunately my parents have offered to buy me a new laptop (have I mentioned how much I love them?) so that I have a reliable computer to do my MA thesis on. But I was still hoping I could get my old one booted up so that I could remove my old documents, music and pictures off of it. Well, the computer guy called today and said that the hard drive was dead. This seems like a big problem. He can replace it, but that would over $100 for the part, plus labor and I am thinking “screw my old stuff” I don’t want to pay serious money to fix a computer I won’t really be using. Plus, it was acting up at the end of the spring semester so most things got backed up then.

So tonight I am ordering my new laptop!! Plus, a free mini iPod (well, I have to pay, but will get a full rebate)!! Of course, I have an iPod, so I don’t know what I will do with the mini, but you can’t pass up a free toy like that!

Anyway, I am at work and should be working, but needed a momentary mental break, plus I haven’t updated this thing in awhile. This has been a busy and stressful week, but all I have left is rehearsal tonight and work tomorrow then yippee, it’s the weekend!

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

I feel ya on the mental break. I too am greatly anticipating my weekend! Hope rehearsal went well :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home