Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's only Tuesday??

This summer is killing me! When I was in college I could take 5 classes a semester and work 40-60 hours a week at the newspaper. But now, I am not taking any classes and although I work five days a week, it is generally only 30-40 hours a week, but sometimes (last night for example) I just want to sit down and cry. I think I am tired from going back and forth between jobs, the commuting between Davis, Stockton and Sacramento and the emotional drain of missing Brandon.

Friday I was driving from work in Sacramento to my parents in Stockton around 2:30 in the afternoon and I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. If I had had to go any farther I would have needed to stop and take a nap. And I am not one of those crazy people who stay up all hours of the night, I am usually in bed by 10, 11 at the latest. Yesterday I came home and my dad was there and asked how I was. I told him I was tired. Before rehearsal I got a coffee so that i could stay awake and hopefully pull my lines out of my butt (which I think I managed to do pretty damn well).

When I got home from rehearsal my dad told me i had looked so tired before i went, he wanted to make sure i was okay to do all the driving I have to do and then told me to make sure I drink coffee before each trip. That was great. My dad has always given me crap about my iced mocha addiction (yes, it is an expensive habit, no I am not cutting back!) and now he is encouraging it. Wonderful. Maybe he will start paying for them too - that may be pushing my luck a bit I suppose. Anyway, the folks are off to Hawaii today, lucky bums! Guess I can't be too mad since i have spent a month in England this year. This is a long rambling mess, I apologize - remember, I am tired.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Annie said...

You're the best! When i have a free moment in the Sacramento region I will let you know...can we drink before class again? :)

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger jayeofmanyhats said...

I would like to put it on record that you did pull the lines out of your butt very well. And might I add those are the prettiest lines I have ever seen. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home