Sunday, July 10, 2005

I feel old.


Yesterday I went to a wedding and it was the first time I have gone to a wedding of my own friends. It was beautiful, but I still could barely believe that my friends from high school were getting married!! It made me feel so old, getting married is something that adults do. Perhaps I am an anomaly because I don't have any friends with kids and, until yesterday, I didn't have any friends that were married. I guess this was a hint that we are growing up and inching ever closer to "reality" - whatever that may be.

At first I was a little worried that I was going to freak out since I went to the wedding alone (it's hard for your date to make it when he is in another country) and I am a girl, so I have always been emotional at weddings - even when it is people I barely know. But I think I held it all together very well and being there alone gave me the opportunity to catch up with some other girls I haven't seen since high school graduation 5 years ago (I can't believe it has been five years already!)

All in all it was a lovely day, but certainly a mile stone too. Who would have thought you could feel old at 23?

2 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Cjristina said...

I've learned you can feel old at any age. The plus side is that you can also feel young at any age.
Take each day as it comes.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I had 3 children by 20.

5 by 28...

Damn..now I feel old too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home