Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Bombings

Woke up this morning with the news that multiple bombs had gone off in London. It was terrible news and I was a little extra concerned knowing that Brandon’s parents arrived in the UK this morning. He lives about 3 hours north of London, so I figured he was safe and I was nearly positive his folks arrived at Manchester airport not London Heathrow, but still I was concerned. I tried to call before dashing off to work, but of course, nothing would go through. Around 10 PST I was able to leave a voice message for him. I took an early lunch and tried in vain to call – again nothing would go through. Fortunately right before I was to head back to work he called me back. He and his parents are all fine – they had indeed flown into Manchester. I was definitely happy to know they are all safe. For those who were affected by the London bombings, you are in my thoughts. I can’t understand what anyone thinks will be achieved by killing innocent people who are merely on their way to work or school. I suppose no matter how I question this, I will never be able to understand the motive behind such acts.

2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Cjristina said...

It is precisely because you don't understand the nature of this type of violence that makes you the special and fascinating person that you are. I agree with you wholeheartedly and hope that soon the world will wake up to the fact that violence only begets enmity and more violence. Can you imagine a world without poverty and without hate? It would be so wonderful. Well, we can't fight the latter so the former has got to go. Keep up the good work Annie with keeping people informed on all fronts. It just may end up surprising us all. Hey, you never know what we can accomplish as humans until we try & with people like you leading the fray anything is possible.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger jayeofmanyhats said...

Today I hang my head in shame for humanity's sake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home