Thursday, July 21, 2005

The end is almost here...to the week, at least!

I am at work, should be working, but I needed the mental break. Today has been fine – at least I actually woke up on time. Yesterday I was supposed to get up at 6 am to leave Stockton by 6:40 and get to work in Sacramento by 8ish. Yeah…that didn’t happen. I am a very light sleeper, but I never even heard my alarm go off! Fortunately my mom was kind enough to check and see if I needed to get up, which at that point I very much did. I knew at that point I shouldn’t rush because I was definitely going to hit major traffic and in the back of my mind I knew I should have waited until 9 to leave, but I left at 7:50 instead…and got to work at 9:50!! I can’t believe it took me 2 hours to get from Stockton to Sacramento and the worst thing was a lot of the stopped traffic on the last stretch was because people were stopping to look at an accident that was completely out of the way – hence, there was no reason to slow down at all and we were barely moving!! I can’t stand it when people don’t know how to drive. I think four years of living in LA made me a bit more aggressive when it comes to the road than I used to be. Not sure if that is a good thing.

Anyway, today has been much less exciting. I talked to Brandon for a bit on my way to work and on my lunch break (took at least 12 tries to get those two connections where we could actually hear each other…grrr…). It was nice to hear his voice, of course I still miss him…about 2 more months until he comes home. I can’t start a countdown yet as he hasn’t booked a flight yet, but it should be sometime around mid-September. I am certainly looking forward to it, but for now it is back to work for another hour and 20 minutes, than errands, paper editing and movie watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home