Friday, August 05, 2005

Nothing is simple.

I got back to my parents house after working in Sac today and was looking forward to a nice relaxing evening of just me and Sunny (my dog). I was ready to sit down with a nice glass of red wine, some of my favorite cheese and watch re-runs of Law and Order all night. But no. I kept noticing a few ants on the couch. That's right, ants on the couch... so I start moving things. I moved the entire three piece sectional couch. MYSELF. TWICE. I vaccumed the entire thing as well as underneath the couch and the wall. I put it back together and two or three ants popped up. I smashed them. Two more came. Where were they coming from, you may ask. I only wish I could tell you. This is when I moved the couch for the second time and sprayed some 409 (my friend suggested windex, but I didn't have any) on this tiny part of the carpet that was coming up from the wall a little bit. I still refuse to sit out there and I left out the vaccum incase there are more ants later, but every time I have checked since then the coast seems to be clear (ie Ant Free). At least I got a work out I guess. It just wasn't really what I was hoping to do tonight.

But I hope that that is taken care of and I can be as much of a bum as possible for the rest of the weekend. I am tired. And I miss Brandon. He still hasn't set a date to come home, but it is looking like it will be around mid-Sept. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Sept. 12...

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Okay...I may snack on the couch all the time, but I eat over a plate and do not leave crumbs behind. I mean, my dad eats on it for goodness sake and he's much messier than I am! That couch is at least 15 years old and we haven't ever had ants on it before. I think I managed to defeat them though. Didn't see any this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home