Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Boys are dumb.

There is no nice way to say, but sometimes it is very true. My example of why boys are dumb for the day is Nate. Nate and I went out three times last July. By last July I mean July 2004. We had nothing in common - he had gone to college but still seemed trapped in a frat boy mode (he was 27), he used the words 'lame' and 'gay' a lot (which I found offensive and explained to him why he needed to stop - stupid should not be equated with gay and not just knowing that is ridiculous), and he just didn't stimulate me intellectually. We fooled around a few times, but i had told him from the beginning I wasn't looking for a relationship. I realized right away that there just wouldn't ever be anything more between us and after the third date I didn't return his phone call, thinking that he'd get the hint. A week later he emailed - why hadn't I called him back? He wanted to take me out again...

I was working with a few twenty-something males at the time and ran the situation by them. Oh, they said, he has probably come up with a million reasons why you didn't call him back yet - and none of them have to do with him. If you want him to leave you alone, just tell him you aren't interested in seeing him again or he won't get it. So I draft a nice, but rejecting email response and run it by the guys at work then send it his way. Basically I told him that I had started dating someone else (true) and even though I wasn't looking for a serious relationship (I was, but certainly not with him!) I couldn't see myself dating two people at the same time. After that I didn't hear from him again.

That is, until today.

13 months later he has emailed me again - do I remember him? He just wanted to "say hi." Oh please, he wants action, but if you are horny wouldn't it be easier to go to a bar than turn to a girl you went on a few dates with over a year ago that rejected you?

I often wonder if a few guys who I used to date ever think about me, but why is it THIS is the guy who actually does??

4 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think about you Annie. And that was what, like 9 years ago we dated?

Oh, and not ALL boys are dumb. Just most of us.

Muuah,
Joe

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Annie said...

well, I am glad YOU think about me - but we are also still friends and I love you. There the difference.

i hope you are well! Miss you!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

Wow that takes enormous cajones or just no brains....my vote would be for the lack of brains :-) At least you had a good blog story to share out of it :-)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger MezzoDragon said...

No one should have the right to use those three "females" as a basis for judgement any more than we should judge all men by "Carrot Top" standards.

And when I was taking classes at Delta my homosexual friends would on occasion say "That is so gay, in a bad way" But I wonder if using it that way is comprable to black people using "N@&&$%"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home