Saturday, August 05, 2006

Post Graduate Life

As the title may suggest, this is not an exciting topic. Post graduate life, I mean, there isn't much to say. I think the change I have noticed so far is that since graduating in May people keep asking "how's your summer going?" What summer, I think to myself? This is the saddest thing about adulthood. Unless you become a teacher (oh, how happy that would make my dad), you don't have a summer. So my summer? Well I have gone to work everyday - except on July 3 and 4. That was a nice holiday. And even though I have worked every summer since I started college, I have always had the flexibility to say "I am going to England for three weeks" or "I can only work 4 days a week." Now, I can't complain too much because the salary (happily not working for free or for minimum wage) and benefits (which were non-existent) are much better when you don't have this freedom. But it still takes some getting used to.

And I can still take little trips here and there. In a few weeks I will be heading down south to my college roommates wedding which I can't wait for! In September I will be taking a weekend trip to LA which, albeit quick, will be a nice get away.

So, while I may need to wait awhile before I can take a three week European vacation again and may never have a 3-4 day a week job, life is good. Maybe a little different, but I suppose we all need a change every now and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home