Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Little Good and So Much Bad

The last few days have been interesting to say the least. Last Tuesday marked my last day as a graduate assistant at the office I had been working at during the last year and a half. I was able to spend Wednesday, Thursday and Friday working to complete my thesis, which I am happy to say I did! On Friday I was able to make my last batch of corrections, print it out and make an additional copy. It was such a relief to know that I will be able to submit it to my two readers this week. This should provide enough time for them to make any suggestions, for me to make those changes and then to make the final submission by May 12. Having the two copies in hand is a great relief, hopefully the next few steps will go smoothly.

There's the good.

The bad of the weekend was the nasty stomach flu or food poisoning I was hit with Friday night. I have never been so ill. Between 6 pm and 12 am I threw up 8 or 9 times, by the last round there was nothing left in my poor little tummy so I got my first experience with the very painful dry heaving. To top it off I was concurrently experiencing additional stomach problems. I am sure that no more detail need be given. Thank goodness I was at my parents house and not at my apartment. They were awesome about taking care of me, something that a person crawling from their make shift bed in the hall to the bathroom all night can't really do for themselve to well...

On top of feeling totally pathetic and super sore (my back and abs are still killing me!) I was stressed that I would still feel sick on Monday when I start my new job. Fortunately now that it is Sunday evening, I am beginning to feel more like myself again. Hopefully a good nights sleep will leave me well prepared for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home