Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Plan!

Finally I have a bit of comfort. I was offered a full-time, benefited position at Sac State which I will start on Monday, April 17. I will be a program representative for the Academic Talent Search office. ATS puts together a summer school program for gifted sixth through ninth graders which takes place on the CSUS campus and includes interesting courses such as Japanese, veterinary medicine and photography. Kind of like really early college prep.

It will definitely be a change to enter the 40 hour work week instead of my usual come to work when it works for me schedule at McNair. Well, I am a little better than that, but the idea of getting up at 6 and driving to Sacramento 5 days a week instead of 3 or 4 is a bit daunting. But I figure, just like going to school, I will get used to my new schedule. It will probably be better since I will be in a regular routine instead of all over the place like I am now.

Still working away on my thesis with hopes of having it completed and submitted by the deadline on May 12. I got the second draft of my paper back from my advisor on Monday and am hoping that between this weekend and some serious attention next week I will be able to submit it to my two readers by Monday, April 24. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

All in all I am happy to say that I now have a plan. I just need to get into gear in order to spit out a rockin final draft of my thesis although I highly doubt that a thesis can really ever be rockin. Well see!

1 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Shan'Chelle said...

YAY! I am so happy for you!!!! YOU ROCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home