Thursday, February 23, 2006

I am in a weird mood today. On Monday I went to a second interview for a full time, benefited position on campus and I felt like I did pretty well. I had to give a 5 minute presentation and brought in a Power Point to go along with it. They said they were impressed because I was the only person so far to do anything other than talk [and no, I wasn’t the first person to go]. They said that they had two more interviews and then they have to do everything through HR, which can take some time. I don’t really feel anxious or stressed about it, but they haven’t called my references and that is kind of bugging me.

Things always work out for a reason – and they always turn out in the end, even if getting there meant going through things that you never thought you wanted. So if I didn’t get a new job, I still have a few months of school and staying where I am means more flexibility: time for working on my thesis, less hours and more time to spend with Brandon – it would be fine. But if I did get a new position, I would feel more secure about where I will be after May 19. I could know that I would still have a job and health insurance…

I guess I would just like to know one way or the other so I can start on a new plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home