Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend



This was an interesting weekend. I took a trip to Los Angeles with my boyfriend and a good friend to go to my alumni bbq. It was so nice to be back in the place where I feel like I "figured out who I was," and to be around some LMU friends again. I was able to have coffee with a favorite professor Friday which was a blast. I took four classes from her during my final semester of college she was like my personal therapist helping me deal with the end of my very long relationship. I love her for the knowledge she provided me academically and the guidance she provided me personally. Then it was off to my old office to see the advisor and show Brandon where i used to spend most of my college days. We had dinner with my dear friend Kristin and he fiancee which was yummy and gave us a great opportunity to catch up. We realized we hadn't actually seen each other since we graduated in May 2004.

Saturday we went to Disneyland which was great. I hadn't been there in a few years and Brandon hadn't been since he was 11 or 12, so it was fun to experience it with him. We were very lucky in the morning. For some reason there were very few people there until about 11 am, so we were able to go on every big ride before 10. It happened to be "Gay Day," so maybe people were boycotting the park or something, but it worked out very well for us.

Sunday was the BBQ and although we weren't able to stay long it was just nice to be back on campus and see some familiar LMU faces. We spend some more time with Kristin and Mark and ran into some other people who I didn't necessarily expect to see which was interesting.

The weekend was really a wonderful getaway. Unfortunately when we got home, my parents told me that they had had to put our yellow lab Sunny to sleep while I was gone. We had to put our black lab Shady to sleep in May before i left for England, so this has been a very rough year for us. Now we are without doggies and it is very odd. My family has had at least one lab since before i was born. I wish that I could get a puppy but that isn't going to happen while I live in an apartment so my life will be dog-free for awhile. It is so strange to be at my parents house and not see her lounging around or playing with one of her little toys...

But I should be working. Going away this weekend didn't leave me much time for homework and since I have big project for one of my classes coming up and a paper to finish that is due tomorrow i should get to it. I will try to add some pictures of the weekend later since right now it won't let me do it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home